发表于 2010-10-23 16:04 31 只看该作者
本帖最后由 treker 于 2010-10-23 19:57 编辑

感谢大伙儿支持和加分,不一一回复了。特别感谢多啦,希望能有机会一起喝酒吃肉。
发表于 2010-10-23 16:05 32 只看该作者
辛苦了
发表于 2010-10-23 16:06 33 只看该作者
本帖最后由 treker 于 2010-10-23 16:15 编辑

Day 2 (April 21), 0km, Camping5192m

Blustering gale all night, up and down like ocean waves. The next day rather than continuing to travel, I stayed inside the sheep cote, hesitating and pondering over. Indeed, there were so many problems before this journey;I did not have sufficient physical preparation;the load had already reached its limitation; I still coughed a lot;the weather was so extreme and cold. All in all, I did not think this journey was well prepared and I did not have confidence in completing this journey mentally and physically. To do, or not to do, it was the question. Similarly I did not have confidence in my facilities, not knowing whether all of them would work functionally or not. The fact was one of the rivets got broken again and the front rack came loose. In the afternoon, I replaced all the rivets of the panniers with screws I had prepared before. This was an excellent job I had done which gave me no further troubles throughout my whole journey. I also re-adjusted the front rack. However I did not think it would definitely all right because I did not have a tool to do it. When the darkness descended,I made up my mind to continue my journey, which, of course, was not beyond any imagination.

Northern Wilderness, Solo Traverse of the Great Chang Tang
Orchid-like weeds

Small springs everywhere, clear and chilly

A thin layer of ice covering the fresh spring water

1人 评分 查看全部评分
发表于 2010-10-23 16:18 34 只看该作者
本帖最后由 treker 于 2010-10-23 16:36 编辑

The sheep cote, it was the door under the sleeping bag, which was in the same place as last year, everything looked like yesterday

The wetland at dusk

Lungmu Co at dusk. You could hear the gigantic sound of wind if the picture had a sound

2人 评分 查看全部评分
发表于 2010-10-23 16:21 35 只看该作者
必须插入此帖
发表于 2010-10-23 16:34 36 只看该作者
本帖最后由 treker 于 2010-10-23 16:37 编辑

Day 3 (April 22), 52.4km, Camping 5145m

Got up in the morning, could not put everything into the bags. Without much choice I had to throw away three portions of tsampa, elbow pads, and crampons. Following the road of the lead-zinic
mine I found the side path to enter the wilderness, which was on the riverbed and very hard to see. I missed this side path last year so that I had to take a short cut into the wilderness directly then. That was why I had taken extra care to find the side path. The following journey was to get over a big hill, which lay 5275m above sea level and was the highest point of my whole journey. Around 2 o'clock in the afternoon, I passed the side path leading to Orba Co and started a journey which was complete strange to me. I ate a piece of pilot breads, which was frozen like rocks so that I had to use my spade to crush it. At 6 o'clock in the evening, I had pushed plus rode my bicycle for about 32 km. I reckoned I should have been able to double this if I did no carry such heavy load. The wind became stronger and stronger. I opened the parasail kits and tested it. The result was far beyond what I expected. With the aid of the strong wind I was just like flying over the wilderness. After 8 o'clock in the evening, I started to observe the water source and to get ready to camp. Map showed there were successive springs along the path and assembled to puddles. But I had overestimated the water source here in this land and in this season: there were endless wilderness inside the valley, where I could not see a single drop of water. As it became darker and darker, I felt a little bit nervous which resulted in three spokes of the parasail broken and became a useless rubbish. Anyway, it helped me to move forward 20km more which benefited me a lot later on.

When time approached 9.30 pm, it was almost completely dark. I had to lie my bike on the ground and went on to try to find water on the north side of the valley. This was a wide and flat sandy land, where I could not see any ditches there and further was complete darkness. I returned to get my GPS to look up the contours and found the south part of the valley was closer to a hill so I took the way. Finally I found a piece of ice in a ditch. I smashed about 20litre of ice. The ice was quite shallow scattered with sheep poo. On my way back, my eyes were hurt by strong winds, which got me a couple of days to recover. It was nearly 23 o'clock after I set up the tent. It also took about 40 mins to melt the ice. I was so tired and my appetite was completely spoiled. I then had a little bit of milk. I had never expected thing would go like this, it was so distressing.

Streams along the path, ice everywhere

The river flew into Matou Hu, in whose north part there was a satellite lake, a wonderful ice-skating court

It took 40mins to melt the ice in midnight

1人 评分 查看全部评分
发表于 2010-10-23 16:45 37 只看该作者
{:5_153:}转帖很辛苦,还翻译成英文,你更强大{:5_153:},很可敬,支持一哈
发表于 2010-10-23 16:52 38 只看该作者
本帖最后由 treker 于 2010-10-23 19:55 编辑

Day 4 (April 23), 31km, Camping 5028m

A cloudy day with gusts. From now and again, hails chased me from behind. Sunny spell. Heavy sandy land made me have to push my bike. At 3pm, I arrived at Luxing Hu, where there was a house made of clay. This was the last permanent building of my journey. Last year, Duola and Liumeng once lived in this house for three days without meeting anybody. It seemed it was the same but the truck parking in front of the house made me worry about. I went to the sheep cote first to check over, where there were only a few lambs following me everywhere I went later on. This made me feel warm in my heart. I observed farther places using my binoculars but could not see any people or sheeps. After making sure there were no people around I opened the locked door using a screwdriver. The living room was very clean. There were two boxes of beverages on the ground and a string of cured lamb legs hanging over in the interior room. A pot of water was on the top of the stove, lukewarm, which indicated the host must be not far away from his home. I filled up my water bag and left the house. I also put the screws back to the door in order not to leave any trace of my visiting. I then took a spanner from the toolbox of the truck, which gave me great help for the rest of the journey.

I left the house as quickly as possible. After last year's experience, the nomadic pastoralists were the last people I wanted to meet. A few hundred meters away from the house, the vehicle traces were fading fast. Even downhill, I had to push rather than to ride because of the heavy loose sand. From the route point of view, only after Luxing Hu it was the real unpopulated land. After many days, I thought of the lamb legs from time to time. It was pity that I then had plenty of provisions and the bike was too heavy to carry anything more.   

Continue to melt the ice under the morning sunshine, all of the sheep poo had been removed carefully

Camping site, the little hill over there was the place where I got the ice last night

The house by the Luxing Hu, empty, the last permanent building I saw throughout my journey

1人 评分 查看全部评分
发表于 2010-10-23 17:19 39 只看该作者
我的天~~你比行者还牛啊。
发表于 2010-10-23 17:46 40 只看该作者

Day 4 (April 23), 31km, Camping 5028mA cloudy day with gusts. From now and again, hails chased me from behind. Sunny spell. Heavy sandy land made me have to push my bike. At 3pm, I arrived at Shouxi ...treker 发表于 2010-10-23 16:52[/c ...

翻译工作确实也不容易,顶你一个!

这个翻译可能有点小问题:
原文“鲁形湖边的土房子,无人,最后的人类建筑”
原译文“The house by the Shouxing Hu,”

在几种不同的地图和说法中,曾出现过“兽形湖”,也出现过“鲁形湖”的名称,
应该跟地图的印刷、识别、流传有关。
据杨、杜一、丁丁所用的称呼都是“鲁形湖”,
建议在此可改为“The house by the Luxing Hu
你需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册 |