[复制链接] 查看:10282 | 回复:20
发表于 2015-2-24 17:50 1 只看该作者 | 倒序浏览 | 只看本帖大图
本帖最后由 驴火蛋花汤 于 2015-2-25 08:32 编辑

这是我作为一个没过四六级的英语盲试着翻译的第一篇译文,有不对之处尽请指正。

翻译自Gossamer Gear 原作者:Ryan “Guthook” Linn
发表时间:2015年2月16日

原文链接:https://gossamergear.com/wp/tips/packing-lightweight-winter-backpacking

轻负远行-冬季轻量化背包露营体验-Packing for Lightweight Winter Backpacking
For 3-season backpacking, one of my primary goals is to go as light as possible, and I’ve gotten pretty good at putting together a pack with an 8-pound base weight. Living in New England, the 3-seasons in question tend to last for only six or seven months each year. While most people choose to either stay indoors with hot cocoa and a mountain of blankets, or get out only on day-hikes, a few of us crazies can’t resist the urge. We need to sleep outside in the mountains, no matter the snow depth.

三季背包出行,我的一个基本目标是要尽可能的轻,我已经把基础重量很好的控制在3.6KG左右。生活在新英格拉,所谓三季只占一年的6、7个月份,剩下大半年的时间都是冬季。绝大多数人选择躲在屋子里,裹着一层又一层的毯子,喝着热巧,即使是出行也是一日登山。我们几个“疯子”无法抗拒冲动的诱惑,我们要睡在深山里,管它雪下的有多厚!

The obstacles in deep winter backpacking are mighty, though. This winter in northern New England, we’ve already seen many feet of powdery snow, sub-zero temperatures, and destructive winds. To deal with these conditions, hikers may need a lot more equipment than they’re used to in 3-season hiking, and that equipment is usually heavier, bulkier, and more expensive. Most importantly, a lack of practice with the skills and gear can quickly lead to serious consequences. But with enough practice, you can reap some pretty amazing rewards.
[font=Microsoft YaHei UI]深冬季节背包出行的阻碍是强大的。新英格兰北部这个冬天,我们已经见识过了数英尺厚的粉雪、零下的严寒、破坏性的大风。针对这些情况,登山者需要备足比三季登山更充足的装备,这些冬季装备通常也更大、更重、更贵。最重要的是,一定要有这些冬季装备的使用知识,并有充足的练习和实践,否则,肯能会导致非常严重的后果

Here are some major differences between my summer and winter packing strategies. Hopefully they can help you come up with ideas for when you’re ready to join the crazies who can’t wait until the snow melts.

下面是我列出的一些夏季与冬季打包策略的主要区别,希望能启发你找到你自己的冬季露营方法,去加入到迫不及待到冰雪消融的“疯子”的行列

2人 评分 查看全部评分
5人点评 收起
发表于 2015-2-24 17:51 2 只看该作者
The pack looks pretty huge, but it’s still lighter than most winter overnighters
Gossamer Gear 蝴蝶(Mariposa),这包看起来真特么大,但仍然比绝大多数冬季露营包要轻得多

Backpack 背包
In summer, I go with the smallest pack available, with no frame or hip belt. Most of my pack is filled with food because everything else is so compact. In winter, I go much bigger. I currently use a Gossamer Gear Mariposa which has a huge main compartment, and several large side pockets. The main compartment houses my sleeping gear, kitchen, and food (minus some daytime snacks in the outer pockets). The outer pockets are for my tent (so I can pack everything while inside the tent, and stuff the tent last), stove fuel (just in case of leaks), shovel (too unwieldy for main compartment), snacks and water (for quick access on trail).

夏天,我一般背无腰带无背负框架的我最小的背包出行。因为夏季装备大多可以压缩的很小,因此填满我背包大部分空间的都是食物。冬天,我就得背个大号的了,我现在正在用Gossamer Gear的蝴蝶(Mariposa)。这个包的主仓非常大,还有几个很大的侧袋。我把我的睡眠系统、炊事系统和食物都打包到主仓里,在外袋里塞帐篷(这样我就能把零碎都卷到帐篷里,并且最后再塞帐篷)、炉具燃料(以防泄漏)、雪铲(太笨重不适合放在主仓)、路餐和水(拿着方便)

Since winter gear is heavier and bulkier than summer gear, a frame and hip belt are nice to have in the pack. Still, with some practice I can keep my total pack weight for a two or three-day trip below 30 pounds.

冬季装备比夏季的大且重,因此有背负和腰带的包终归好一些。即便如此,稍加练习后,我也可以将两三日露营的背包总重控制在13KG以内。

1人点评 收起
发表于 2015-2-24 17:52 3 只看该作者
Heavier than a cat can stove, but it sure performs well

MSR WhisperLite虽然比用罐头做的酒精炉重得多,但那时相当好用

Kitchen 炊事
Alcohol and canister stoves are great for keeping the weight down in 3-season backpacking, but when the temperature drops near or below 0°F, and the only option for water is melting snow (as it has been on every trip I’ve taken this winter) there is no substitute for a trusty white gas stove. I use a MSR Whisperlite, which was purchased in 2004 and has been a winter workhorse ever since. It’s nowhere near as light as other options, but it’s easily repaired in the field, and it burns hot even when air temperatures near -30°F (I’ve tested this more than once!). There are tricks for making other fuels work in low temperatures, but when it’s that cold I’d rather have something that requires minimal fuss.

酒精炉及酒精是三季出行减重的最佳配置。但是当气温低于零下18度,并且补水的唯一方法是通过融雪时,最可靠的、不可替代的选择是油炉。我现在用的是MSR的WhisperLite款,从2004年买来,这个油炉已经是我冬天的主力了。选择它远不止轻量这一个原因,可以容易的现场修理维护这点,就让我爱不释手。它可以在零下30度正常燃烧(我已经试过不止一次了)。即便有一些在低温下使用其他燃料和炉具的技巧,但我宁愿选择少给自己找麻烦,老老实实的用我的WhisperLite。

The rest of my kitchen kit includes a shovel (for building a nice kitchen with counters, seats, and whatever else my cold little heart desires), a two-liter pot for melting snow and boiling water, a bowl and spoon, and a few sheets of Reflectix insulation (for a stove base on top of snow).   
我的炊事系统其他装备包括雪铲(平整出一个餐桌和一个座位,以及其他防风寒的设施)、一个2升的锅用来融雪烧水、一个碗一个勺、几块热反射板(放在雪地上当炉座用)。
发表于 2015-2-24 17:57 4 只看该作者
Melting snow is slow, but sometimes it’s the only way to hydrate

融雪很慢,但有时这是唯一的补水方式

Water 饮水
Years ago, I sent all of my Nalgenes to Goodwill and replaced them with soda bottles, as most lightweight hikers will do. But the formerly ubiquitous Nalgene really is almost indispensable in deep winter. I carry one 1L and two 0.5L Nalgenes, each with a home-made Reflectix cozy (light, cheap, and stylish!). Filled with boiling water whenever I get a chance, and stored upside down to keep the cap threads from freezing, I can keep the water lukewarm most of the day. Staying hydrated in winter is much harder than in summer, but just as important, so I like to keep my water warm to prevent ice-cream headaches.

几年前我把所有的Nalgnenes水壶送给了我的一个哥们,用饮料瓶替代了他们,就像大多数轻量化登山客做的那样。但是我很快意识到我错了,以前无处不在的Nalgenenes水壶在隆冬季节真是不可或缺的,现在我又用上了Nalgenens,每次带一个1升的和两个0.5L的,每个都用自制的热反射材料杯套装着(又轻又便宜、还挺淮参)。只要有机会,我就把他们装满开水,并且倒置存放以防壶盖的螺纹口冻上。这样瓶子里的水整天都是温乎的,及时补水在冬天比夏天难得多,正因为如此,我才要设法让水保持温度而不冻成冰坨。

发表于 2015-2-24 17:58 5 只看该作者
Fully enclosed shelter was a good choice

全封闭的庇护所是个好选择

Shelter 庇护所
Picking a winter shelter has been a tough challenge. I’ve used tarps over dugout pits, I’ve built quinzees, I’ve stayed in AT lean-tos, but each option has pros and cons. Currently, I’m using a Black Diamond First Light tent, which fits the bill for quick and easy set-up for a one-person tent. For a winter backpacking trip, the type of shelter you use has a huge impact on how you plan your hike. I chose the tent because I want to spend most of my time hiking and less time in camp, since building a snow shelter can take several hours. But time spent in camp in winter is pretty rewarding if you’re doing it right, so making a quinzee or snow shelter is often worth the effort. I’m more likely to spend time building a shelter if I know I’ll be staying there for several nights, and using the area as a base camp.

选择一个冬季庇护所一直是个难题,我试过天幕搭配雪坑、雪洞、坡面庇护所,每种都有利弊。现在我用 BD的FirstLight单人帐,它可以快速、容易的搭建起来。对于一次冬季背包出行,采用何种宿营对行程有很大的影响。我选择这顶帐篷的原因,是我希望花更多的时间在徒步上,而在扎营方面则是时间越短越好,因为用雪建造一个庇护所要花费数小时。如果你做了正确的选择,在扎营上的时间开销可以获得不错的回报。因此雪洞和雪屋一类的庇护所也是值得尝试、并非一无是处的。如果我知道自己要在某个地方睡上几晚,并将这个地方作为大本营,那我更喜欢搭建一个像样的庇护所而不是睡帐篷。

发表于 2015-2-24 17:59 6 只看该作者

Clothing 服装
Dressing for the occasion is more important in winter than any other time of year, so this is a category that needs the most refinement and practice to get just right. I prefer to hike with just base layers and thin soft shell, keeping myself warm with the internal furnace. I carry mitten shells, thick mittens, and light liner gloves that get mixed and matched depending on how cold my fingers get. Instead of boots, I use trail runners with 40 Below neoprene overboots. A hat and a fleece Buff round out the possible hiking accessories, although a beard sometimes makes an appearance as well.

冬季场合着装比一年中其他任何时间都重要,因此它被单划出一类,需要细分及实践才能做对。我在行进中喜欢只穿基础层(Base Layer)和薄软壳,通过身体散发热量保持温暖。我带着防护手套、厚手套、手套内胆,根据手凉的程度搭配使用。取代雪地靴,我习惯穿越野跑鞋外套扛零下40度防冻橡胶的套靴。一顶帽子和Buff抓绒围巾等登山配件

There’s a lot more clothing that I have as backup, though. An old beater of a rain shell is good when hiking above tree line in high wind, or bushwhacking through snow-covered trees. I go a size large for the shell so I can fit my giant down puffy beneath it in camp. And I have a pair of down pants that go beneath the soft shell pants in camp as well. The goal is to look as fat as possible, because standing around in camp requires a lot of insulation.

上面说的衣服虽然不多,我还有一堆备份补充的衣服。在林木线以上的强风里徒步、或在被积雪覆盖的树林里披荆斩棘开路,一件老式狩猎雨披是不错的选择。我有一件大码的,为的是在营地可以在里面套得下我的臃肿的厚羽绒服。在营地我也会在软壳裤里套进两条羽绒裤,反正就是尽可能把自己穿成一个大胖子,因为在营地静止状态下需要更厚的保温层。
发表于 2015-2-24 18:00 7 只看该作者
Good night from a very cozy and well-insulated sleeping bag

一个舒适且保温的睡袋能让人一夜安眠

Practice! 实战:
The most important things, whatever you’re packing, are to practice and stay safe. It’s never easy to start this kind of backpacking, but joining a group that has experience already can be a great start. If you can’t find that group, start with day-hikes, then gradually work your way into longer trips and short overnighters. With a little determination, you can join the ranks of crazy winter backpackers.
不管你是否已经整装待发,还是正在练习,抑或尚未行动,这种背包野营对于没有经验的人来说都是万事开头难。因此选择加入一个老驴的队伍也是一个不错的起点。如果你找不到团队,没关系,从单日徒步开始练起,然后循序渐进的尝试更长的行程及短期宿营。所谓难者不会会者不难,只需一点决心,你就能能加入到疯狂冬季背包客的行列里来!
2人点评 收起
发表于 2015-2-24 18:22 8 只看该作者
驴火蛋花汤 发表于 2015-2-24 18:00 Good night from a very cozy and well-insulated sleeping bag一个舒适且保温的睡袋能让人一夜安眠 . ...

赞一个!学习了~
发表于 2015-2-24 18:47 9 只看该作者
驴火蛋花汤 发表于 2015-2-24 18:00 Good night from a very cozy and well-insulated sleeping bag一个舒适且保温的睡袋能让人一夜安眠 . ...

感谢分享,学习了!
发表于 2015-2-24 20:33 10 只看该作者
驴火蛋花汤 发表于 2015-2-24 17:50 这是我作为一个没过四六级的英语盲试着翻译的第一篇译文,有不对之处尽请指正。 ...

第一個贊
你需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册 |