搜索

主题

美国

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

[复制链接] 查看:76998 | 回复:149
发表于 2017-9-21 08:54 31 只看该作者
5/18露易斯湖(lake Louise)--班夫鎮(Banff),56km,弓河谷國家公園公路(bow valley parkway)與自行車道(bow valley legacy trail)
與Johnson canyon步道
5/19 硫磺山纜車步道(Sulphur mountain trail)
弓河谷公園公路平行於泛加拿大公路(trans Canada highway)但速限低且禁止大型車輛進入,因此路上幾乎只有觀光客車輛,而他們多小心行駛(在國外違規不是開玩笑的),看似為理想的單車騎乘公路。
但是,這條公路與兩側的森林之間並不像其他公路,有『防火巷』的設計(把道路周圍的樹砍掉,看起來就像之前的照片-公路與森林有草皮間隔,單車騎士視線受限,與熊不期而遇機率大增。幸好沿路沒看見半隻熊,或是熊沒看見我。
此外,在著名的Johnson canyon步道口有資訊服務站,但是對於寄放單車與行李的要求似乎有些為難,看來為了健行,租車勢在必行。
此外,這兩天走了兩個步道,簡述而下,並請參考以下網站:
https://www.pc.gc.ca/en/pn-np/ab/banff/activ/randonee-hiking
1.Johnson canyon:到上層瀑布單程2.4公里,全程水泥步道,十分平易近人,是班夫國家公園最熱門的步道之一。雖然Johnson canyon不像Maligne canyon深壑,但是沿路大小不一的瀑布也是別有特色。
2.硫磺山纜車步道(Sulphur mountain):這並非我的口袋名單,但是青年旅館臨時把每日活動改成這條,只好將就。到山頂纜車站5.5公里是一路坡度稍陡但均勻的髮夾灣土路,多處仍有結冰。山頂纜車站到Samson峰頂瞭望站0.5公里,是鋪設良好的目階步道。這是當地居民運動強身的熱門步道,但是沿路風景乏善可陳。山頂纜車站與Sanson 峰頂有良好視野,但是搭乘纜車即可抵達,不必大費周章。或是可以健行上登,搭纜車下山。
Parallels to the trans-Canada highway, Bow valley parkway, inaccessible to trucks and tour buses and with lower speed limit, is the tourists and cyclists an excellent alternative road from lake Louise to town Banff. And the tourists usually stick to the traffic regulations, since they are driving in a place they aren't familiar with.
But there is still a disadvantage to cyclists. The fire access road on main road/highway doesn't exist on bow valley parkway. So cyclists have obstructed view and have a very good chance to contact the bear unexpectedly.
There is an information station on the trailhead of Johnson canyon. But the staff there seemed to not reluctant to keep an eye on my bicycle and belongings. It seems that I have to rent a car if I really like to do some long distance day hiking.
The next two trails are what I hiked in the two days. And there is more information on the website of:
https://www.pc.gc.ca/en/pn-np/ab/banff/activ/randonee-hiking
1Johnson canyon: one of the most popular trails in Bow valley area. The 2.4km one way paved road go through Johnson canyon and several waterfalls, including two of the most spectacular waterfalls-lower and upper waterfalls. Although not a deep canyon as Maligne, it's still scenic and, most important, it's an easy family hike.
2. Sulphur mountain: 5.5km to the peak gondola station, and another 0.5 to the Samson peak. It's not my plan, but the day activity of the hostel replaced to it. Several switch back with about10% steady grade, it's a good place for high strength sport, but the view is almost obstructed. The best view is near the peak gondola station and Samson peak, which is accessible by the tram. So...it's worth to hike the trail? Depends on what you need, or you could hike up, and take the gondola down. The trail from peak gondola station to Samson peak is well maintained wood stairs, but the trailhead to the peak gondola station is dirt trail with icy section in the season.
一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

发表于 2017-9-23 10:54 32 只看该作者
Please read the English version in the second half of this article.
05/20 班夫(Banff)--坎莫爾(Canmore) 25km,弓河遺產自行車道(Bow legacy trail),平行於泛加拿大高速公路(trans Canada highway)
這週末是美加長週末,包含週一維多利亞日至少有3日假期,這也是夏季的開始,所有旅遊景點人滿為患,班夫鎮的麥當勞被塞爆,加拿大的麥當勞不像台灣的硬把小麥克說成大麥克,而同樣的漢堡套餐在一般簡易餐廳價格大約是麥當勞的1倍半,還得另外支付至少15%的服務費,再加上麥當勞有免費wifi,自然大受歡迎。另外,我的其中ㄧ張信用卡在21日被停用,用Skype打免費客服原因竟然是『這幾天使用太頻繁,有盜用嫌疑』,這真的非常誇張,首先,從交易紀錄可知我在美加地區,是使用信用卡的天下,而每筆交易都是小額交易,又不是天天買保時捷,還好我在網路普及的觀光地區,否則我相信信用卡銀行的損失比我的還大。最後有解決恢復使用就好。
在美加國家公園的步道多是多用途的,包含冬季滑雪與雪鞋健行,夏季自行車、騎馬、搭馬車、滑板車,與健行等。步道口有告示步道的用途,例如可不可以騎自行車等,務必遵守。此外,步道的難易程度也是需要注意的,例如不是所有的自行車道都有舖柏油或為平整土石步道,這裡許多自行車道為『登山自行車道』,不適合一般自行車。美加社會風氣開放,並不會刻意限制特定戶外活動,與台灣大不相同。
這天除了騎自行車,另外走了兩個短程步道,與參觀必遊景點洞穴與盆地國家歷史古蹟(cave and basin national historic site,曾是著名露天溫泉勝地,後來因為保育溫泉水域特殊生態而停止),簡述如下:
1.Sundance canyon: 稍微冷門的步道,ㄧ方面距離較長,包含單程3.3公里柏油多功能步道(包含騎馬與自行車)與穿越峽谷的1.2公里環型步道(夏季僅供步行),也就是全程步行的總距離是7.8公里。另一方面景觀與步道維護不如著名的Johnson canyon水泥步道。步道口在必遊景點洞穴古蹟旁邊,有時間不妨ㄧ遊。若順時鐘方向步行環型步道,首先幾段階梯步道穿越峽谷,更明確的說,是陡峭湍急的溪谷地形,不要忘記回頭瞭望山景,後半段步道轉入森林並返回步道口。
2.grassy lake upper:坎莫爾(Canmore)鎮著名的景點,適合全家共遊,也是熱門的登山車步道。通往翠綠的grassy lake有兩條步道,這裡所述是較容易單程1.9公里的步道。湖泊旁邊也提供眺望坎莫爾鎮的絕佳視野。
This weekend is May long, Banff is stuffed with tourists, and McDonald is one of the most popular dining stand. It's cheap, no service fee, free wifi, so many advantage, no wonder McDonald is the king of fastfood. One of my credit card was declined on 21the May. I skyped the customer service and was told that”this card is used too often and suspected to being theft. That's ridiculous. First, the bank is aware that I am in Canada and credit card is used every single transaction. Second, the payment is always in small amount and not used to buy luxuries. I got my well-function credit card back after a whole day in anxiety.
The trail in national park is usually multi-functioned as you know, but it is definitely not common in Taiwan, where some outdoor activities are not encouraged. Like gay marriage, maybe people could accept it just not my children.
Other than cycle from Banff to Canmore on Bow valley legacy trail, I visited cave and basin national historic site and also two short hiking which is briefly described in the next and you could find more information on the website.
1. Sundance canyon: less popular to tourists because the longer distance. From the trailhead near cave and basin national historic site, hikers have to walk on the multi-functioned paved trail which is 3.3 km in distance, and another 1.2 dirt loop trail which goes up and through the canyon. This “canyon” is more like a swift river instead a magnificent canyon. But still a good hiking.
2 grassy lakene of the most popular trail near Canmore, and also a family-suited trail If you choose the easy one(there are two trails to grassy lake). 1.9 km well-maintained trail with steadily grade leads hikers to two dark green lakes and great viewpoint of town Canmore.
一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

发表于 2017-9-24 12:01 33 只看该作者
5/22 班夫鎮,Tunnel mountain與Hoodoos trail
5/23 單車由坎莫爾(Canmore)騎回班夫(Banff),Cascade valley trail(Cascade河谷步道)
5/24 氣溫高達20℃的好天氣中午結束,下雪了@@
感謝家人把本國駕照寄來(記得租車不只要國際駕照也要本國駕照喔),明後天開車前往Kananaskis與附近的步道。
上週末是美加地區的長週末,週一維多利亞日包含在內至少有3天假期,班夫鎮旅館露營場地幾乎間間客滿,我只好到距離約25公里的坎莫爾住。那是坎莫爾唯一一間也是我待過最詭異的hostel之一。待我走遠在booking.com寫評論。
週末走的步道都在班夫鎮內或是免費Minewanka lake接駁公車路線上,簡述如下:
1.Hoodoos trail:這條步道由班夫鎮的surprise corner出發,平緩的3.1公里沿溪步道接回公路之後,再1.1公里抵達眺望Hoodoos山岳的最後展望站。這是班夫鎮最熱門的步道,半數以上的步道位於林蔭之中,步道平緩路況良好,多處可眺望弓河河谷,也有部分步道在水勢和緩的弓河河岸。步道為來回同路設計,但事實上可自行安排接駁(步道兩端都為公路)甚至搭乘Tunnel mountain公車回程。該公車站不好找,務必事前確認,以免像我一樣,尋不著公車站結果花了近2小時走回班夫鎮中心,直接循原步道回程並不需要那麼長的時間。
2.Tunnel mountain:另一個由班夫中心可步行抵達的步道。單程2.4公里落差約260公尺的之字步道,帶領旅客抵達擁有眺望班夫鎮良好視野的Tunnel mountain山頂,標高1690公尺。
3.Cascade valley(Cascade河谷步道):單日行程約於Cascade bridge返程,單程6.4公里。這是許多過夜健行步道的開端,也是非常受歡迎的冬季滑雪,夏季騎馬自行車步道。看到冬季滑雪,我就應該聯想到路況:寬闊且無林蔭。這條步道不是那麼熱門,我想主要原因是它缺乏視野與景致,且一路平緩沒有太多起伏。但是接駁交通便利,步道口位於Minewanka lake公路上的upper bankhead,可由lower bankhead下公車之後往lake Minewanto方向走約300公尺即可抵達。
Thank my family sent the domestic driver license, which I forgot to bring and thought the international driver license is enough for car rental. I will go to Kananaskis village for the coming two days for hiking by renting a car.
I couldn't find a budget place/campground to stay in May long so I had to overnight in the only hostel in Canmore, one of the most bizarre hostels and I will comment on booking.com when I far away from Canmore.
Without the car, I could only hike in the trail near Banff and along the bus routes. Described as the next:
1.Hoodoos trail: one of the most accessible trail near Banff. Hikers could just started from downtown Banff. Trailhead is by the surprise corner parking lot, 3.1km almost flat and good maintained trail along Bow river and through forest, with several viewpoints and chances to access the riverbank. And another 1.1km trail aside to the paved road which ends in Mt Hoodoos viewpoint. Tunnel mountain shuttle bus provides transportation if you don't want to do out and back hiking. But be sure to understand where the bus stop is or you might have to spend near 2 hours to walk back downtown like me.
2. Tunnel mountain: Another popular trail which hikers could start off in Banff downtown. 2.4km one way with 260 meters gaining, several switch back lead to the top of Tunnel mountain with a wonderful view of Banff.
3. Cascade valley: A formerly fire access road and popular for almost all the winter and summer activities. Hiking from upper bankhead parking lot(on the Minewanka road) to Cascade bridge, the first opportunity for hikers to access the riverside, is 6.4 km. Most hikers choose to go back at Cascade bridge although the trail goes much further. It's not a very scenic trail but one of the trails which is accessible by the shuttle bus near Banff.
一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

发表于 2017-9-25 12:45 34 只看该作者
北美野外風光的確好.
1人点评 收起
发表于 2017-9-25 19:12 35 只看该作者
daimondchanwai 发表于 2017-9-25 12:45 北美野外風光的確好.

不錯不錯,沿途更多綺麗風光難以圖片展示
发表于 2017-9-25 19:20 36 只看该作者
除了防熊噴霧,我還買了一個熊鈴鐺,這個鈴鐺有神奇作用,若真的被熊怎樣,搖這個鈴鐺,不用7天,3天就會回家…
有關熊的問題,我會再說明
5/25 Grotto creek(Grotto小溪)單程2.1公里,海拔落差小,往返步道(2.1km one way,out and back trail,little elevation gained
Ribbon falls(Ribbon瀑布),單程8.1公里,海拔落差約350公尺,往返步道(8.1km one way, out and back trail, elevation gained about 350m
5/26 草原眺望/Jewell pass環型,約15公里,海拔落差約550公尺(Prairie views/Jewell pass loop, about 15km, elevation gained about 550m)
在Peter Lougheed省立公園又見熊,這次是在我沒有防備的狀況下(只是下車前往約300公尺的lower lake)。不到100公尺的距離,我盡量不引起注意的繞道而行。
今日與昨日租車走了三個步道,包含Grotto canyon(峽谷),Ribbon falls(瀑布),Jewell pass/草原眺望(Prairie views)環型。細節之後說明。
穿越景觀優美與加拿大柏油公路最高點highwood pass的公路40(highway 40)積雪仍深,我一直在尋找除了穿越繁忙城市卡加利(Calgary)之外的替代道路,最後被我找到了!庫特尼(Kootenay)國家公園,將是下個目的地。
這兩天健行的步道分布在弓河谷(Bow valley)與Kananaskis公路上(之前提到的公路40號)。或是說他們分布在大城卡加利(Calgary)與班夫國家公園之間,是當地民眾非常喜愛的步道,但是外來觀光客多把焦點放在國家公園內,這些交通便利全家適宜的步道就被遺忘了。簡述如下:
Grotto小溪:步道口位於坎莫爾(Canmore)與40號公路與岔路口之間,在Google maps輸入Grotto canyon可找到。步道分為兩段,前1公里平行於公路繞過提煉製造氧化鎂的Baymag工廠後方,後半步道行走於狹窄的峽谷溪床之中,步道終點的右側是Grotto瀑布,再往前是冰攀練習地與倏然開闊的溪谷。目前初夏時節水量不足(因為高山地區冰雪未全融),瀑布僅有涓涓細流,多次跨越溪床也不成問題(不用脫鞋),但是盛夏時務必注意水量與天氣狀況,勿勉強而行。
Ribbon瀑布:另一個沿溪床而行,終點為瀑布的步道,不同的是這條步道幾乎不直接走在溪床之上。步道口位於Ribbon creek parking lot,前半段為多功能步道,在單車行車終點設有停車架。後半段因為生態保育僅可步行。這條步道曾被洪水沖毀,目前仍有少數舊步道的遺跡。步道終點是壯觀的Ribbon瀑布與露營地,再往前2公里可至Ribbon湖,但是需一定攀岩或冰攀裝備。8.1公里單程看似漫長,但是步道狀況良好且平緩,往返時間不含長休息,約7至8小時綽綽有餘。
草原眺望/Jewell pass環型:步道口位於Barrier湖/水壩休閒使用區旁(Barrier dam day use),這條步道高點可以眺望整個以卡加利為中心的亞伯塔草原區,與Kananaskis county的河谷與山稜,而最高點是工作站,工作包含森林大火監測等。加拿大依據地形氣候有草原三省之說,亞伯塔即為其中一省,而草原氣候地區為該省人口密集區。這片草原大致在落磯山脈東麓,往北進入北極圈為苔原,往南成為北美大平原的一部分,進入副熱帶輻合區後成為沙漠氣候。
建議以順時針方向健行。先沿Barrier水壩健行至Jewell pass步道口,接下來順著Jewell pass步道迂迴沿溪上稜接到草原眺望步道(由Jewell pass步道口接到草原眺望2.7公里),約1.5公里的陡上坡後,抵達視野開闊的觀景平臺,這裡有岔路往上段提到的工作站,單程約1公里,沿路也有許多展望點,而沿草原眺望下行回Barrier水壩的步道寬闊,但是因為使用著多,在大雨過後多有爛泥,這段約3.5公里的下行路由共11個之字陡坡組成,相較於Jewell pass沒有太多特色,加上Jewell pass的坡度相對和緩,因此以Jewell pass上行較為適當。
Bear counts 4! This time I just dropped off for the lower lakebank in Peter Lougheed provincial park, which is no more than 300 meters from the car, and didn't bring bear spay with me. The bear was no more than 100 meters from me, quite scary! I walked by it carefully and it seems that the bear was not interested in me. What a relief!
I rent a car and went to three long day hiking in today and yesterday. They are Grotto canyon, Ribbon falls, Jewell pass/Prairie views loop. Details described later.
The snow conditions on the Alberta highway 40( Kananaskis trail), which goes through scenic Kananaskis county and the highest point of paved road in Canada, is still inaccessible to bicycles. I was looking for the alternative route--not go through busy Calgary, either. I finally find another scenic route--Kootenay N.P., which will be my next destination.
I hiked 3 popular trails in the two days. The trails are located in Bow valley or near Kananaskis village, between Calgary and Banff national park. Tourists tend to spend the energy in the N.P. and these trails are usually skipped in their itinerary. Briefly described as the next:
Grotto creek: The trailhead is located between Canmore and the junction of Trans Canada highway and highway 40(Kananaskis trail), which can also found by searching “Grotto canyon” on Google maps. The first half of this 2.1 km trail parallels to the highway and bypasses Baymag industry, which refines magnetism and produces magnetism oxide in main. The second half of this trail is scenic and hikers directly walk in the canyon and trace the creek to the falls. The falls is the end of the trail and also a popular location for ice climbing. Further up is an open valley and piling stones to remind the hiker to head back.
Grotto falls: Another trail along the creek and terminates at Ribbon falls and a backcountry campground. But this trail, which in fact a beginning of other trails(including Ribbon lake which rock climbing technique is required) is much longer than Grotto creek(about 8 km). Fortunately hikers don't walk directly on the creek band, walk alongside the creek instead, and takes hikers about 7 to 8 hours for the round trip. And the falls is more magnificent than the Grotto falls. Only first half section of this trail is open to cyclists.
Loop of Jewell pass and prairie view: Trailhead is in the Barrier dam day use area near Kananaskis village, famous for its amazing view of Calgary area and Kananaskis valley. The viewpoint of the loop trail is a junction to the hilltop (about 1 km from the junction), where a staff-only station locates, which one of the major duty is to monitor forest fire. Hikers are suggested to take clockwise direction, or to ascend on Jewell pass trail, which has gentler grade and better scenery alongside a lovely creek. The 5 km long prairie view trail, made of 11 switches back, is more used and much eroded, is a faster way to decent and to the lovely home.
一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

发表于 2017-9-29 15:59 37 只看该作者
5/27 Banff--Vermilion crossing 約70公里,穿越庫特尼國家公園
如同之前提到的,我只從事短程步行,不把單車與行李鎖在停車場太久。庫特尼是狹長的國家公園,公路在庫特尼國家公園內約80公里,而由弓河谷公園公路(Bow valley parkway)岔路口castle canyon(海拔約1500)到庫特尼國家公園南端的鐳溫泉(Radium hot springs,海拔約800)105公里,需翻越兩個隘口-Vermilion pass海拔1640與Sinclair pass海拔1486。單車行程分為兩日綽綽有餘。主要景點請參閱照片。
這裡繼續討論『防熊』,大家都知道不要跑給熊追(除非牠已經把你當獵物),一方面跑不贏牠,另一方面逃跑代表害怕。但是國家公園偶爾有單車族被熊追的案例,像狗追單車,不是單車騎給狗追,而是狗不知從哪裡冒出來。躲在樹林中的熊並不易察覺,單車騎過去或健行走過去可能會驚嚇到牠,或是被誤會為逃跑行為,這些都可能導致攻擊。
製造聲響是告知熊『有人靠近』的最簡單方法,大聲放音樂則是其中最有效的方式,但是需要考量電力消耗與可能干擾他人(沒被熊追結果因為音樂太難聽被揍),熊鈴鐺成為最廣為接受的方式,當然效果不及大聲放音樂。一般熱門步道熊鈴鐺與防熊噴霧已經足夠,在冷門步道才需要用播放音樂等更直接刺激的方式。
As mentioned earlier, I only do short hike and avoid to leave my bicycle and baggage too long.
From castle junction(about 1500 in elevation), which is about 23km from Banff, through narrow Kootenay n.P. , to Radium hot springs(about 800 in elevation), is about 105 km. Although this 105 journey goes through two passes--Vermilion pass1640m and Sinclair pass1486m, it's an easy bicycle ride to split the journey into 2 days.
Let me discuss more about the “bear”. Cyclists are used to be chased by a dog, and it's reported once in a while that a cyclist chased by the bear. We all know the golden rule “don't run” when encountering the bear(unless the bear sees you as its feast). But the bear in the woods is sometimes difficult to be spotted by the cyclist/Hiker. The cyclist, who isn't aware of this bear, goes though the bear’s eyesight, may be wrongly understood by the bear”the cyclist is escaping from me and he is sacred”, or even worse, the bear is disturbed by the cyclist. All of these triggers the chasing action, just like the dog.
So making noises and let the bear knows that someone is coming is important. Playing music is most effective but you have to consider the power consumption of the playing device. And to play music may be regarded as the disturbing behavior by others. The bear bell, although less effective, is well accepted. Generally, a bear bell and the bear spray is enough for hiking/cycling on a popular route, and playing music out loud is suggested in a desolate area
一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

发表于 2017-10-3 10:47 38 只看该作者
5/28 Vermilion crossing--Radium hot springs約60公里
Please read the English version in the second half of this article.(supplement post of 5/28)
補充5/28
若是依照我的方向由北向南,這段路並不困難。最後往鐳溫泉鎮的11公里是平均坡度4-5%的下坡,鐳溫泉區有公共免費溫泉池。
除了溫泉,Juniper健行步道和Sinclair峽谷是鐳溫泉區的著名景點。網站把Juniper和Sinclair寫在一起,但事實上Sinclair峽谷是公路上的景點,距離鐳溫泉鎮2公里,而Juniper是鐳溫泉鎮往公共溫泉區的步道,步道口位於國家公園收費站(距離鐳溫泉鎮約1公里)往公共溫泉池的方向,距離約50公尺的停車場,3.2公里步道先下抵小溪,之後一路之字上坡到可眺望整個鐳溫泉鎮的觀景平臺(正好位於Sinclair峽谷頂端),最後再之字下坡到公共溫泉池。
行程安排上,若由鐳溫泉鎮出發,建議先走Juniper步道,約2小時抵達溫泉池,消除疲勞後,沿者主要道路,經過Sinclair峽谷回鐳溫泉鎮(溫泉池與鐳溫泉鎮距離約3公里)。
If you ride from north to south, Radium hot springs, this is not a difficult section. The final 11 km before Radium hot springs is downhill, which is about4-5 grade in average. And the public free pools is before the township on the main road(about 3 km in distance).
Other than springs pool, Juniper trail and Sinclair canyon are also popular near Radium hot springs. It might be confusing, but Sinclair canyon is a seesight on the main road, not on the Juniper trail. The trailhead of Juniper is located on the highway, about 50 meters north of the national park gate. The trail goes down to the creek, than several switch backs leads hikers to an wonderful view point of the township, just located on the to of Sinclair canyon. Then wind down to the pool. 3.2 km in total distance.
If you start from Radium downtown, you could hike on the Juniper to the public pool, which takes you there in about 2 hours. Then soaking in the pool and dissipating fatigue of hiking. Walk back to downtown on the sidewalk of the main road, which goes through Sinclair canyon in the end.
一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇
Juniper步道展望,道路穿越Sinclair峽谷
一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇
Juniper步道展望,庫特尼河谷與鐳溫泉鎮
一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇
Sinclair峽谷
一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇
Sinclair峽谷
一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇
橄欖湖(Olive lake)
一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇
庫特尼河谷,接近道路隘口
一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇
鐳溫泉鎮路上的大角羊

1人点评 收起
发表于 2017-10-4 10:21 39 只看该作者
5/29 鐳溫泉(Radium hot springs)--Johnson湖(Johnson lake)約85km
5/30 Johnson lake--Jaffray 約83公里
5/31 Jaffray--Fernie約52公里
5/28日在庫特尼國家公園內健行內容,容後再談。先討論這兩天發生的事
5/30在Jaffray問路時,巧遇Bell與幸運的受邀至他們夫婦(Bell and Sharon)夫婦的Rosen湖畔度假小屋過夜,由衷感謝。這是悠閒寧靜的社區。優雅的兩層木屋座落在擁有豐富生態的湖畔,水上運動,從我嘗試的加拿大的傳統--canoe,到機動船隻等運動器具,都是湖畔住戶喜愛的且不可或缺的。目前船屋的設計因為生態保育而被禁止,但早期未禁止前的船屋設計,仍可在這裡看到。
那為什麼我需要停下來問資訊(否則我不會遇到Bell)?夏季已經開始,一個月前天氣太冷,現在天氣太熱,露營場地幾乎開放,在未經指定定地區露營,包含我最喜愛的路邊停車場,似乎不再是好主意。在加拿大英屬哥倫比亞省,最好的免費露營資源是休閒區。例如我29日露營的Johnson湖是英屬哥倫比亞省的休閒區(recreation site),營地不必付費但是沒有設施(僅乾式廁所),旅客需要自行帶走垃圾。但有趣的是,這裡的方向指示牌不在主要道路上,需要轉進土石路才會看到。
網站的地點敘述寫的是『…看到砂石堆後往右轉…』,乾脆寫看到兩顆松樹向右轉好了。還好這裡手機有網路收訊,否則怎麼找的到呢。水源取自湖水,而湖水『極富營養』,烹煮尚可接受,但是飲用(即使煮沸),還是算了。隱密的地點(雖然距離主要道路不到1公里)讓我擁有整個湖畔,雖然蚊蚋有些擾人清閒。
I will discuss my journey on Kootenay park road in 28th May and the trail around Radium hot springs later. Let keep on my journey on 29 and 30th May.
I was very lucky to meet Bell in a small town, Jaffray when I tried to find more information about the future journey on 30th. He invited me to the cabin, where he and his wife, Sharon spend the vacation. I really appreciate their kindness to let me overnight in the lovely house, which is located on the lake shore with rich ecology. I also had the opportunity to try to canoe, one of the Canadian tradition aquatic sports. The boathouse still exists here, which the owner built it before prohibited by new regulations.
Why I stopped for information on that day(or I couldn't meet Bell)? It's summer. It was too cold one month before and it's too hot now. The campsites are open and it seems camping on undesignated is no long a good idea, including my favorite-the plowed roadside parking lot. Some campsites are expensive, some are free of charge. In British Columbia in Canada, the best resources of free lawful campsites are recreation sites. But sorry, I sometimes can't find the signpost on the main road. Like the recreation site I camped on 29th May.
I found the Johnson lake, where I camped on 29May, by my cellphone, which magically could receive the signal there. The signpost is not on the main road, it's on the gravel connect road. And the website of the recreation site tells me to turn right to see gravel pits…, why don't you tell me to right to see two pine trees? That's really interesting. People should follow the rules of packing out what you packing in in this unstaffed campsites, but I can find trash everywhere, especially in the fire pit. The best thing to camp the unsigned campsite is I have my own campsite. No other people(or they can't find it), just me and lots of mosquito. Without water pump, I could only cook and make coffee with the “nutritious lake water”.
Enjoy the beauty lake shore, not the lake water, which I can accept to cook with but not to drink even after boiled.
一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇

发表于 2017-10-7 16:20 40 只看该作者
5/31 Jaffray--Fernie約52公里
6/1 Fernie--Pitcher creek 約115公里
6/1 在私人營地露營。老闆只收我5元,收錢的同時聞到酒味。希望跳樓大拍賣不是酒精作祟。
5/31為什麼只有騎50公里,這又是一段故事。
每個故事都有至理名言,包括之後會提的修車故事,這個故事的至理名言是:『你可以在汽車旅館的露營地露營,半夜天氣轉差的話,就衝去櫃台說:我不想露營了,我要升級(住旅館房間)。』
今天到Fernie這段路真的很平,平到我不敢相信自己眼睛。我比預期早到Fernie,本想繼續,但是我得調整煞車,為什麼我得調製煞車,那是另一個修車的故事。
調製煞車調得很煩,我想說丟給車店處理,於是我拿起手機搜尋修車店。一開網路,忽然看到雷陣雨黃色警戒,不是紅色,免驚。
結果煞車被我弄好了,但是老天爺看來玩真的,於是我折回資訊中心。
『真的有惡劣天氣警報喔。』
『那我最好待這裡,而且不要露營。這裡有青年旅館吧。(hostel)』
『有兩間,我幫你問問他們有沒有空位…。看來老闆都跑度假去了,都沒開。』
Fernie是滑雪勝地,有些業者利用五月長週末到暑期開始前調養身心,這不令人意外。『那請問妳有什麼建議?』
『若是你覺得旅館太貴的話,有一間汽車旅館有露營地,你可以在那裡露營。半夜天氣轉差的話,就衝去櫃台說:我不想露營了,我要升級(住旅館房間)。』
資訊中心的人員通常友善且提供很好的建議,但是這個建議實在太令人噴飯了。最後我問到一間連鎖飯店『Canada's best value inn』。單車也可以進房間。夜晚雷雨真的發生了。
今日風速,平均50公里/時,陣風65公里/時,比較輕度颱風近中心風速標準:62-117,大晴天的卻颳怪風,這裡是加拿大大草原@@
休兵一天,明日去Waterton 國家公園
I camp in the private campground today. I was only charged 5 bucks. But I smelled alcohol when paying the deal. Hope the cheap price is not decided by alcohol.
Why I only paddled 50 km on 31 May? This is the story I am going to describe.
Every story has a proverb. Including the story of” replacing a new chain” which I will tell in the future. In this story, the proverb is “ You can camp in the RV park of the motel. If thunder storm really comes in the midnight, just rush to the motel counter and tell the staff:I don't want to camp anymore. I would like to upgrade to a room!”
As told by the nice couple, Bell and Sharon, who invited me to the cabin yesterday. The highway is really as flat as a pancake from Jaffray to Fernie. So I arrived Fernie earlier than expected. I should go on, but I have to stop to adjust the bicycle brake. The reason why I have to adjust the bicycle brake is another story. It's quite disturbing to adjust it and I took the the mobile to look for a bicycle shop to help me, and I got a information about weather tonight: yellow alarm of thunderstorms. Not a red alarm. There shouldn't be any problems with camping.
I fixed the brake in the end. But I found the dark clouds gathering, the sign of thunderstorm.
I went back to information center for further information.
“There's really high chance of thunderstorms tonight.”
“Then I should not camp or keep going. There's hostel in town, right?”
“Yes. There are two. Let me ask if they have place for you.”. After making some calls.”It seems that the owners went vacation and hostels are closed in this time.”
Fernie is a place for winter activities. It's no surprise that the owners took some time off between May long to summer vacation.
“If you really want to camp to cut the budget,
You can camp in the RV park of the motel. If thunder storm really comes in the midnight, just rush to the motel counter and tell the staff:I don't want to camp anymore. I would like to upgrade to a room!”
The staff of information center is always helpful. But I really don't think the suggestion is a good idea. I ended up to stay in the budget chain hotel--Canada's best value inn. And the thunderstorm really happened.
Wind average speed today:50km/hour, gust 65km/hr, and the minor typhoon standard in Taiwan is 62-117km/hr(eye of the typhoons),sunny but also windy,welcome to Alberta prairie@@
Will keep going to Waterton np tomorrow
一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇
1第二次穿越落磯山脈,這次的隘口海拔低,坡度緩
一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇
Lundbreck瀑布

一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇
第二次由英屬哥倫比亞省穿越到亞柏塔省,遇到一群橫越加拿大的單車騎士
一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇
發生在20世紀初的山崩,加拿大近代史傷亡最慘重的事件,這裡地名為Frank slide
一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇
進入亞伯塔省,馬上變成一望無際的草原,風大無比
一路向南,穿越美洲大陆单车旅行-美洲篇